How to Factory Reset Chromecast 2021? In, this article we will see all about the chromecast, like what is chromecast? Why do we need chromecast? Why we need to reset it? And so on.
If you Here it means you want to Fcatory reset your Chromecast. We will guide you how to do that in this article. So, read on.
What is Google Chromecast?
Google Chromecast is a device used to cast your media from any device like a mobile, tablet, laptop to your Television. In other words, you can watch any video or image which is on your phone by casting it onto TV.
Why do we need to reset Chromecast?
Sometimes Chromecast doesn’t work like usual when it’s been a long time since you bought it. You also may have faced some issues like lost connection in between or lagging while casting media, and more. You also have a reason, like you want to sell or give your Chromecast to someone. That is why you need to reset your Chromecast.
Now the question is how to do it? You don’t have to worry about it; here, we will tell you how to reset your Chromecast using easy methods.
How to Factory Reset Chromecast
Resetting Chromecast is easy to work to do; it might take a minute of your precious time. There are two ways to factory reset Chromecast. First, you can do it with your dongle, or you can try it with a phone, whichever you have, Android or iOS.
There is not only one type of Chromecast. If you search then, you’ll get there are more Chromecast like 1st generation, 2nd generation, 3rd and more. In every Chromecast, the steps for factory reset are the same. Only in the 1st generation, you have to keep some patience for it.
Also, Read | How to Fix Spotify Application Not Responding
Factory reset Chromecast by dongle
• First, click on the side button while plugging in with your tv and hold down it for at least 25 seconds or until the white LED starts to flash red.
• Now, after it starts blinking red, wait for the red blinking light to turn to white.
• When the LED starts to flash white steadily, then your process of resetting Chromecast is complete now; set your Chromecast again as you like.
As I already told you that if you have a 1st generation Chromecast, then in this process, you have to keep some patience for reset. But if you have another generation’s dongle, then it will happen in an instant.
Factory reset Chromecast by Mobile(Android/ iOS)
• First, open the Google Home app on your Android or iOS device, whichever you use for Chromecast.
• Second, find that device to reset on the app and click on the tv icon.
• Third, click on the setting gear icon on the top of the right side corner.
• Now, go to the more option, located on the top of the right side corner in the form of three vertical dots.
• In the more options, you’ll see the factory reset option. Tap on the factory reset and confirm your decision to reset Chromecast. Now set your Chromecast as you like.
Also, Read | How to Connect Netflix Customer Service 2021
I hope you’ve got your solution of How to factory reset your Chromecast in this article. Now you can cast your media on TV without any trouble and enjoy it while watching TV. Thank you for reading this post and giving us support. If you want any other type of how-to solutions, then let us know in the comment box.