Here we are going to talk about How to bold text in WhatsApp using symbols. As we all know, WhatsApp is an extremely popular instant messaging app. So it’s obvious that it has reasonable factors to be popular and owned by Facebook. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of it, but in last year’s update, WhatsApp has released some more interesting features; for example, now you can send your text in bold, italic, and stylish like strikethrough and monospace.
You can see the options to format text like on some writing applications; if you tap and hold text for a second, you can see some bold, italic, underline, and some more stuff.
So how do I make my text bold? How can I write my message in strikethrough format text? Here, you have to use some symbols to make your text bold or whatever you want. Also, you can’t make your text underlined by using this symbol or options. It’s because WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to do it.
If you want to learn how to underline your text, then see the end of this article and click on the post title I mentioned.
How to Bold the Text in WhatsApp
Here we are going to talk about How to bold text in WhatsApp using symbols. Not only bold, but you can also learn how to italicize your text as well as strikethrough and monospace. Before you try to format text, you have to make sure that your WhatsApp is fully updated. Let’s take a look at the main part, where the solutions are written.
Bold the text in WhatsApp
It is a very easy task to do on your chat typing board, and it will take only one second of your precious time. Just do as we have shown below.
- First, select the contact you have to send your message. And go to the typing board and write your text.
- Second, you have only to put an asterisk(also known as a star)on both sides of your text. For example, *Bold Text*.
- It will appear like this “Bold Text.”
Write the Italic text in WhatsApp
It is also very easy to do on your WhatsApp. Just the way you have done the above step here, you only have to change the symbol.
- First, write your text on the selected contact chat’s typing board.
- Second, this time you have to put an underscore on both sides of your written text. For example, _Italic Text_
- It will appear like this “Italic Text“
Strikethrough text in WhatsApp
It will also be done just like the other two have done. Similarly, here also we have to change the symbol.
- First, select the contact you have to send your text and go to the chat’s typing board.
- Second, write your text on the board, and this time you have to put a tilde symbol on both sides of the text. For example, ~Strikethrough Text~
- It will appear like this “S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶T̶e̶x̶t̶.”
Monospace Text in WhatsApp
Writing your text in the monospace text is the same as the other three we have seen earlier. But, as I already told you, we will also change the symbol in every format in this format.
- First, go to your contact where you have to send your text. And type the text that you want to send.
- Second, this time you have to put three backticks on both sides of the text. For example,
- It will appear like this “𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚡𝚝.”
As I already discussed, the alternate option is that if you tap and hold your text, you’ll be able to see some possibilities of the bold, italic, and more others. I hope that you enjoyed the article and also hope that you got your answers. Thank you for reading the post.
Learn more | How to Underline text in WhatsApp